Academic Advising at Paradise Valley Community College is an on-going, intentional, and educational partnership dedicated to our students’ academic success. This partnership is designed to assist you from the start of your college experience through graduation from PVCC or whatever your chosen academic goals may be (transferring to a University, entering the workforce, increasing your career marketability, etc.).
Here at PVCC, our professional advisors will:
- Help students clarify their academic goals
- Provide accurate information about degree/certificate options, requirements, course descriptions and prerequisites, placement test interpretations, and enrollment information.
- Assist students in the development of an academic plan
- Refer students to the appropriate campus resources
We look forward to partnering with you on your academic pursuits!
Academic Advising strives to foster a quality learning environment for our diverse populations. We are committed to providing students the skills, tools and knowledge to become active participants in achieving their educational goals.
The mission of Academic Advising is to assist students to define, plan and achieve their educational goals.
Learning Outcomes 2011-12
• Students who use advisement services will learn the transfer benefits of AGEC and the number of credits needed to complete it.
• Students will be able to identify the proper Math course sequence to attain their degree.
• Students who use advisement services will be able to identify and use educational planning resources (i.e. Checksheet/degree sheet) in consultation with their advisor.
• Students will be able to use educational planning resources to plan their academic path in consultation with their advisor.
• Students who use advisement services will be able to locate where to find courses that transfer to the three state universities (i.e. General Studies Transfer List “Pink Sheet”).
• Students who are in occupational degree programs will be able to identify courses they need to satisfy their degree requirements.
Ask an Advisor
If you have a question you can send a message to an advisor.