When you arrive at the test center, you'll be required to show acceptable identification before being admitted to the test session. The ID you present must be an original ID, not a photocopy or reproduction, and must be current, not expired. Only the following forms of identification are acceptable. Please contact the Assessment/Testing Center at 602-787-7050 if you have questions.
Note: CLEP testing requires two forms of identification and has restrictions on acceptable forms of ID. Download the Information for Candidates pamphlet which lists photo ID requirements along with other helpful information.
Acceptable forms of identification
Current government-issued photo ID:
Note: ID cards issued for special programs such as recreation are not considered valid photo ID even though they may be issued by a government entity
- Driver's license
- State ID card (can be obtained at the Arizona Department of Transportation for students of any age)
- Military ID
- Tribal ID
- Resident Alien or Naturalization card
- Current government-issued photo ID from a country outside the U.S., such as passport, consulate card, driver's license, voter ID, etc.
Photo ID issued by your school
Note: cards issued by an entity other than the school, such as a ChildFind ID card, are not considered valid photo ID
- Photo ID issued by your place of employment that includes your first and last names
- Recognizable individual photo: Recognizable individual photograph of you in a recent (within the last two years) publication such as a school yearbook with your first and last names in the caption.
School letter or transcript: Must meet all of the following requirements:
- The letter must be on school letterhead and include your name and physical description including age, gender, height, race, and hair and eye color, or a recognizable recent photo with school seal or official's signature across a portion of the photo.
- Form letters reproduced on school letterhead and then individually completed and signed in ink are acceptable.
- If school letterhead is computer-generated or photocopied, a school seal is required.
- Transcripts may be used only if they include a recent photo as described above and are signed as described below.
- You must sign the letter or transcript in ink in the presence of the school official (who may not be a relative), and that official also must personally sign the letter or transcript in ink. Printed, stamped, or photocopied signatures are not acceptable.
Unacceptable forms of ID
You will not be admitted if you present any forms of ID other than those listed as acceptable. The following are examples of unacceptable identification:
- Learner or beginner driver's permit without an official photo, even though it may include a physical description and signature
- An expired photo ID (like an expired passport or driver's license)
- Photo ID issued for special programs such as recreation even though they may be issued by a government entity
- Food handler's card
- Charge, bank, check-cashing, or credit cards with or without photo
- Photo ID issued for promotional purposes (e.g., amusement parks)
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Report card or diploma
- Organization membership card
- Police report of a stolen purse or wallet
- Traffic ticket, even though it may include a physical description and signature
- Your parent's photo ID
- Recognition by a staff member
- Telephone call to counselor or school official to identify you by talking to you on the phone or describing you over the phone
- Graduation picture or family portrait
- Fishing or hunting license
- Self-produced ID for home-schooled students or other groups
- ChildFind ID Card
- Web page with photo