PVCC appreciates input from local organizations. Industry leaders interested in facilitating a seminar, participating in a business career panel or involved on an advisory board, let us know. Some existing advisory boards include Business and Technology, Administration of Justice, Health Care, Early Childhood Education and PEAK Leadership Institute. Call Norma Chandler at (602) 787-7073 for more information.
Post a Job Online with Maricopa Career Network (MCN)
Available to students and community members at all 10 Maricopa Community Colleges
The Maricopa Career Network is a free online job board for employers who can guarantee an hourly wage that complies with the State of Arizona minimum wage requirement and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. The Maricopa County Community Colleges Career Centers subscribe to and endorse the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles of Professional Conduct http://naceweb.org/principles, which includes the following criteria:
- Must have current or anticipated openings
- Must have an employer-employee relationship in which there are no fees associated with becoming an employee of the organization
- Must subscribe to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws established by the United States and Arizona governments
The Maricopa Community College District Career Centers have established the following additional criteria:
- Sales positions must offer an ongoing base salary and not be commission only.
- Multi-level Marketing (MLM) organizations and franchising opportunities are not permitted.
- No access will be granted to post jobs that put applicants in compromising situations, such as adult entertainment, escort services, presentation modeling or similar activities.
- No access will be granted for positions where applicants would be paid per item to complete surveys, click on internet links, or post personal web content.
Postings of business opportunities that cannot make this guarantee or other ventures that require an initial investment will not be posted on this board. Only postings guaranteeing a minimum of 10 hours per week will be accepted. Employers must abide by the job opportunity information submitted. It is not permitted to recruit for positions other than those positions already approved through the previously identified guidelines."
- Maricopa Career Network (MCN): Click on http://maricopa.jobing.com/ to find part-time, full-time, professional, technical, and entry-level employees.
- In partnership with Jobbing.com, the TEN Maricopa Community Colleges have joined together to provide an opportunity for employers to post jobs at no cost and quickly find the most qualified employees for your company or organization.
- The Maricopa Career Network is a 24/7 opportunity to find employees.
- Employers who want to post in-state, full-time, and part-time jobs are eligible to access the Maricopa Career Network. Currently Internships opportunities are posted through PVCC Career Services. Follow the internship link for further instructions.
Access requires a 24 to 48 hour approval period based on the following guidelines:
The Maricopa Community Colleges' Career Centers reserve the right to grant access to services to employers as deemed appropriate and necessary to fit the needs of our various constituencies. Policy involves the review of requests for access to services from all employers for content and suitability. We do not accept postings for positions from any business whose purpose is inconsistent with policies, regulations, or the overall mission of the MCCCD. The Maricopa Career Network policy has been developed in collaboration with the MCCD Career Council and the MCCCD District Legal Services.
- Maricopa Career Network (MCN) is a service that allows employers post in-state jobs at no cost. A fee is required for access to the full gamut of services offered by Jobing.com.
Post a Job with PVCC Career Services
Available to students and community members
The Job Listing database is a free resource for employers who can guarantee an hourly wage that complies with the State of Arizona minimum wage requirement and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Postings of business opportunities that cannot make this guarantee or other ventures that require an initial investment will not be posted. Only postings guaranteeing a minimum of 10 hours per week will be accepted.
- Job Listings are available to students, alumni, and community members.
- Employer Order Form: Log in and submit the Employer Order Form for your current employment needs. Once approved the Employer Order will be placed in the Job Listings in PVCC Career Services.
- Job opportunities that coincide with PVCC occupational programs will also be forwarded to faculty in specific fields so they may notify students. All opportunities are also posted on the Career Services Bulletin Board and in the Business/Technology classrooms in the PVCC Means BUSINE$$ folders.
- Postings remain in the Job Listings for 30 days (unless otherwise noted by employer) and are updated daily.
Post an Internship with PVCC Career Services
Available only for PVCC students
Students visiting PVCC Career Services may browse through the Intern Job Listings for current openings by logging here****.
- Internships are only for PVCC students.
- Internship may be for credit, non-credit, paid, or unpaid. If internship is unpaid, employer is required to submit Experiential Education Partnership Agreement (EEPA), Certificate of Insurance (COI), and student is required to submit Assumption of Risk Form in addition to other internship requirements. These forms must be completed and approved by MCCCD Legal before internship may begin.
Unpaid internships must also meet Department of Labor and NACE guidelines for internships Department of Labor and NACE guidelines for internships
National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
NACE developed criteria that college career centers and employer recruiters can use to identify workplace experiences that can legitimately be identified as “internships.” These criteria are:
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom. It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
NACE’s full position statement on U.S. internships can be found at www.naceweb.org/advocacy/position-statements/united-states-internships.aspx. - See more at: http://www.naceweb.org/internships/legal-ruling-unpaid-internships-learn...
- Intern Request: Review the Internship Partnerships Procedures and then complete and submit an Intern Request Form.
- The Intern Request will be placed in the Intern Notebook at PVCC Career Services, it will not appear online. However, faculty (in related field) and students will be sent an email to promote the opportunity. The internship will also be available to students visiting Career Services.
Internship Partnership ProceduresBefore the internship:
Employer will place an Internship Request with PVCC or call 602-787-7073. PVCC will advertise the opportunity to our students.
To ensure the safety of our students at an Internship Site, employers must complete one of the following:
The Internship Coordinator will contact you by phone to verify the internship and to complete a short Safety Assessment form.
Individual Employer Job Fair
On-campus recruiting table(s) for employers wishing to fill multiple positions
Opening a new store or branch? Need to fill multiple positions? Consider an individual employer job fair. Tables are available to employers meeting eligibility requirements on a first-come, first-serve basis. Cost is $50* per table/per day and includes two chairs. Recruiting on campus requires the completion of the PVCC On-Campus Recruiting Agreement, Facility Use Agreement, and Certificate of Insurance, which may take time to process. The Facility Use Agreement will be provided by Fiscal Office once the following have been completed.
PVCC On-Campus Recruiting Agreement
If choosing this option please remember to:
- Plan in advance – tables go quickly!
- Register with PVCC Career Services
Advertise your event on campus bulletin boards and/or newspaper classifieds
*This fee may be waived for employers meeting certain eligibility requirements
PVCC Career/Job Fairs
Attend this recruiting event offered every Spring and Fall semester
This multiple employer recruiting event provides organizations the opportunity to increase company awareness, disperse career information, and recruit potential candidates. PVCC has a variety of qualified candidates including:
- Graduates seeking full-time careers
- Graduates seeking entry level positions
- Graduates with extensive experience
- Students seeking part-time employment, internships or work experience
- University transfer students seeking part-time employment, internships, or career work experience
If you are an employer please register here.
Please contact Career Services if you would like to host a recruiting event at PVCC.
Manager, Career Services
For odd jobs, use our template to create your flyer for posting on our bulletin boards
There are 14 bulletin boards strategically located around PVCC's campus.
If you choose this option, employer must post flyers.
Start with PVCC's "Student Life Center" located in KSC-135 for posting approval and to receive a map of bulletin board locations.
Flyers are removed from bulletin boards after two weeks.
Remember to drop off a flyer in Career Services!
Use the PVCC Flyer Template below to capture essential information for job seekers.
Center for Work Force Development
Current Phoenix area labor market information. Also includes regional and national data on economic and workforce trends and issues.