PVCC appreciates input from local organizations. Industry leaders interested in facilitating a seminar, participating in a business career panel or involved on an advisory board, let us know. Some existing advisory boards include Business and Technology, Administration of Justice, Health Care, Early Childhood Education and PEAK Leadership Institute. Call Norma Chandler at (602) 787-7073 for more information.
Post a Job Online with Maricopa Career Network (MCN)
Available to students and community members at all 10 Maricopa Community Colleges
The Maricopa Career Network is a free online job board for employers who can guarantee an hourly wage that complies with the State of Arizona minimum wage requirement and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. The Maricopa County Community Colleges Career Centers subscribe to and endorse the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles of Professional Conduct http://naceweb.org/principles, which includes the following criteria:
- Must have current or anticipated openings
- Must have an employer-employee relationship in which there are no fees associated with becoming an employee of the organization
- Must subscribe to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws established by the United States and Arizona governments
The Maricopa Community College District Career Centers have established the following additional criteria:
- Sales positions must offer an ongoing base salary and not be commission only.
- Multi-level Marketing (MLM) organizations and franchising opportunities are not permitted.
- No access will be granted to post jobs that put applicants in compromising situations, such as adult entertainment, escort services, presentation modeling or similar activities.
- No access will be granted for positions where applicants would be paid per item to complete surveys, click on internet links, or post personal web content.
Postings of business opportunities that cannot make this guarantee or other ventures that require an initial investment will not be posted on this board. Only postings guaranteeing a minimum of 10 hours per week will be accepted. Employers must abide by the job opportunity information submitted. It is not permitted to recruit for positions other than those positions already approved through the previously identified guidelines."
- Maricopa Career Network (MCN): Click on http://maricopa.jobing.com/ to find part-time, full-time, professional, technical, and entry-level employees.
- In partnership with Jobbing.com, the TEN Maricopa Community Colleges have joined together to provide an opportunity for employers to post jobs at no cost and quickly find the most qualified employees for your company or organization.
- The Maricopa Career Network is a 24/7 opportunity to find employees.
- Employers who want to post in-state, full-time, and part-time jobs are eligible to access the Maricopa Career Network. Currently Internships opportunities are posted through PVCC Career Services. Follow the internship link for further instructions.
Access requires a 24 to 48 hour approval period based on the following guidelines:
The Maricopa Community Colleges' Career Centers reserve the right to grant access to services to employers as deemed appropriate and necessary to fit the needs of our various constituencies. Policy involves the review of requests for access to services from all employers for content and suitability. We do not accept postings for positions from any business whose purpose is inconsistent with policies, regulations, or the overall mission of the MCCCD. The Maricopa Career Network policy has been developed in collaboration with the MCCD Career Council and the MCCCD District Legal Services.
- Maricopa Career Network (MCN) is a service that allows employers post in-state jobs at no cost. A fee is required for access to the full gamut of services offered by Jobing.com.
Post a Job with PVCC Career Services
Available to students and community members
The Job Listing database is a free resource for employers who can guarantee an hourly wage that complies with the State of Arizona minimum wage requirement and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Postings of business opportunities that cannot make this guarantee or other ventures that require an initial investment will not be posted. Only postings guaranteeing a minimum of 10 hours per week will be accepted.
- Job Listings are available to students, alumni, and community members.
- Employer Order Form: Log in and submit the Employer Order Form for your current employment needs. Once approved the Employer Order will be placed in the Job Listings in PVCC Career Services.
- Job opportunities that coincide with PVCC occupational programs will also be forwarded to faculty in specific fields so they may notify students. All opportunities are also posted on the Career Services Bulletin Board and in the Business/Technology classrooms in the PVCC Means BUSINE$$ folders.
- Postings remain in the Job Listings for 30 days (unless otherwise noted by employer) and are updated daily.
Post an Internship with PVCC Career Services
Available only for PVCC students
Organization is required to place an Intern Request on PVC Career Link https://www2.pvc.maricopa.edu/jpss/
A PVCC student may contact an employer to initiate an internship. If accepted, the organization must post the position using the Intern Request on PVC Career Link.
PAID INTERN: If you are offering a paid internship (highly recommended), the intern is required to complete all “new hire” paperwork, which is standard procedure for regular employees with your organization.
The organization must provide a letter to PVCC on company/organization letterhead acknowledging that the student has been hired for a Cooperative Education or Career Work Experience internship. The letter must include the intern’s name, beginning and end date of internship, number of hours required of intern, and an internship job title.
The following is also required by Maricopa Community College District:
Employer will complete the Experiential Education Partnership Agreement (EEPA) form and the Certificate of Insurance form.
UNPAID INTERN: Organizations’ offering unpaid internships must comply with the Department of Labor Standards for unpaid internships. Unpaid internships are harder to fill.
- Employer must complete the Experiential Education Partnership Agreement (EEPA) form and the Certificate of Insurance form.
Career Services ensures that all internships meet Department of Labor (DOL) guidelines and may contact you with questions before approval. Once approved, PVCC will advertise the opportunity with faculty and to PVCC students using the weekly job flyer, webpage, and social media, e.g. Daily Growl (campus email blast) and FaceBook.
Career Services encourages all students to submit a targeted résumé and cover letter and apply for the internship based on employer guidelines. Career Services may also help students prepare for the interview.
In some cases, this may be the first employment opportunity for students and they might apply without seeking assistance from Career Services. If you feel that the student lacks skills in any of these areas, we encourage you to refer the student to PVCC Career Services.
During the internship:
INTERNSHIP CREDIT OPTIONS
Cooperative Education (Co-op): 1 to 3 credits
Work-college experiences that involve the combined efforts of educators and employers to accomplish an outcome related to the career objectives of the students. Prerequisites: Student must have completed at least 12 credits, min 2.6 GPA and able to obtain a position related to student's academic/career goals or permission of Instructor. Co-requisites: Student must be co-enrolled in at least one class related to major/career interest or permission of Instructor
- Available in Accounting, Computers/IT, General Business, Marketing, and Management, Administration of Justice, Health Science, Social Work, Biology, Math, Journalism, Music Business, etc.
- Credit equivalencies: 1 credit = 80 hours, 2 credits = 160 hours, and 3 credits = 240 hrs.
- Semester equivalencies: During a 15 week period: 80 hours ~ 6 hours per week, 160 hours ~ 11 hours per week, and 240 hours ~ 16 hours per week.
Career Work Experience (CWE): 3 credits only
Participation in a work experience, gaining on-the-job training, and/or exploring a career or field of choice. Helps students relate their education to the real work world. Provides résumé writing, branding, and interviewing skills. Helps with development of employability skills. Prerequisites: None.
- Available for a variety of majors (see cooperative education for majors)
- Credit equivalencies: 3 credits = 135 hours
- Semester equivalencies: During a 15 week period: 135 hours ~ 9 hours per week
Please contact: Norma Chandler, Ed.D., MBA
Manager, Career Services – 602-787-7073
Individual Employer Job Fair
On-campus recruiting table(s) for employers wishing to fill multiple positions
Opening a new store or branch? Need to fill multiple positions? Consider an individual employer job fair. Tables are available to employers meeting eligibility requirements on a first-come, first-serve basis. Cost is $50* per table/per day and includes two chairs. Recruiting on campus requires the completion of the PVCC On-Campus Recruiting Agreement, Facility Use Agreement, and Certificate of Insurance, which may take time to process. The Facility Use Agreement will be provided by Fiscal Office once the following have been completed.
PVCC On-Campus Recruiting Agreement
If choosing this option please remember to:
- Plan in advance – tables go quickly!
- Register with PVCC Career Services
Advertise your event on campus bulletin boards and/or newspaper classifieds
*This fee may be waived for employers meeting certain eligibility requirements
PVCC Career/Job Fairs
Attend this recruiting event offered every Spring and Fall semester
This multiple employer recruiting event provides organizations the opportunity to increase company awareness, disperse career information, and recruit potential candidates. PVCC has a variety of qualified candidates including:
- Graduates seeking full-time careers
- Graduates seeking entry level positions
- Graduates with extensive experience
- Students seeking part-time employment, internships or work experience
- University transfer students seeking part-time employment, internships, or career work experience
The Employer Registration for April 2016 has closed as we have reach maximum capacity.
Please contact Career Services if you would like to host a recruiting event at PVCC.
Manager, Career Services
For odd jobs, use our template to create your flyer for posting on our bulletin boards
There are 14 bulletin boards strategically located around PVCC's campus.
If you choose this option, employer must post flyers.
Start with PVCC's "Student Life Center" located in KSC-135 for posting approval and to receive a map of bulletin board locations.
Flyers are removed from bulletin boards after two weeks.
Remember to drop off a flyer in Career Services!
Use the PVCC Flyer Template below to capture essential information for job seekers.
Center for Work Force Development
Current Phoenix area labor market information. Also includes regional and national data on economic and workforce trends and issues.