Firefighter Operations - CCL
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Firefighter Operations provides the opportunity for individuals seeking employment in various firefighting settings to acquire the minimum standard firefighting skills needed in the field.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Completion of Program Prerequisites.
Formal application and admission to the program is required.
|EMT/FSC104||Emergency Medical Technology (9)|
|OR Permission of Program Director||0-9|
|FSC105||Hazardous Materials/First Responder||3|
|FSC130||Fitness for Firefighters/CPAT (1) OR|
|Permission of Program Director||0-1|
|FSC102||Fire Department Operations 11||1|
|FSC134||Fitness and Conditioning for Firefighters||3|
- Describe the theory of fire behavior, including types of fires, and explain how building construction relates to firefighting operations. (FSC102)
- Identify and describe the types, functions, and maintenance of firefighting apparatus, and demonstrate the appropriate and safe use of each. (FSC102)
- Identify, describe, and explain fire department operations, including equipment, personnel, and administrative policies. (FSC102)
- Demonstrate the use of proper tools, standard operating procedures, and firefighter skills in a variety of firefighting situations and firefighter tasks. (FSC102)
- Describe the physical requirements for performing basic firefighting tasks. (FSC134)
- Apply skills of mental aspects of performance required in physical agility testing and firefighting. (FSC134)
Additional information is available at MCCCD's Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.