Linux Professional - CCL
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates any module/suffixed courses.
|CIS126DL||Linux Operating System||3|
|+||CIS238DL||Linux System Administration||3|
|+||BPC170||Computer Maintenance I: A+ Essentials Prep||3|
|+||BPC270||Computer Maintenance II: A+ Technician Prep||3|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|+||CIS197||VMware ESXI Server Enterprise||4|
|CIS121AH||Microsoft PowerShell/Command Line Operations||3|
|+||CIS226AL||Internet/Intranet Server Administration-Linux||3|
|+||CIS239DL||Linux Shell Scripting||3|
|+||CIS240DL||Linux Network Administration||3|
|+||CIS241DL||Apache Web Server Administration (Linux/Unix)||3|
|+||CIS270||Essentials of Network and Information Security||3|
|+||CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Cisco Networking Fundamentals (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|+||CNT150AA||Cisco Routing Protocols and Concepts||4|
|MST150++||Microsoft Windows (any suffixed course)||3|
|CIS280||Current Topics in Computing||3|
|+||CIS290++||Computer Information Systems Internship (any suffixed course)||1-3|
- Explain the history and nature of Open Source software. (CIS126DL)
- Demonstrate ability to install a variety of Linux distributions. (CIS126DL)
- Navigate the Linux file system hierarchy. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL)
- Create, manage, and delete user accounts, groups and permissions. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL)
- Implement a variety of troubleshooting techniques to prevent and deal with a variety of system problems including core dumps. (CIS126DL, CIS238DL)
- Create partitions and file systems, and will manipulate access to them through the use of mount points and automated mounting techniques. (CIS238DL)
- Monitor system functions and security through the use of a variety of system logs. (CIS238DL)
Additional information is available at MCCCD's Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.