Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) Administrator - CCL
Typical tasks of a Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) are developing a local area network, installing and configuring software, creating and managing user and group accounts, analyzing and optimizing system performance, troubleshooting system and printing problems, training end users, and working as a system administrator.
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates any module.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR|
|Permission of Department or Division||0-3|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations (1) OR|
|+||CIS221AB||Microsoft Power Shell (1)||1|
|+||BPC170||Computer Maintenance I: A+ Essentials Prep||3|
|+||BPC270||Computer Maintenance II: A+ Technician Prep||3|
|+||CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Cisco Networking Fundamentals (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|MST150||Microsoft Windows Professional (3) OR|
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows (any module) (3)||3|
|+||MST155||Implementing Windows Network Infrastructure (3) OR|
|+||MST155++||Any Windows Network Infrastructure (any module) (3-4)||3-4|
|+||MST157||Implementing Windows Directory Services (3) OR|
|+||MST157++||Any Active Directory Windows Server Configuration (any module) (3-4)||3-4|
|+||MST158++||Any Windows Server Administration (any module)||4|
|+||MST244||Microsoft SQL Server Administration||3|
|+||MST259||Designing Windows Network Security||3|
- Implement DOS commands and functions. (CIS121AB, CIS221AB)
- Identify basic personal computer architecture and components. (BPC170, BPC270)
- Troubleshoot problems with various common hardware and software configurations. (BPC170, BPC270)
- Analyze local area network (LAN) topologies and communication standards. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST140)
- Create and manage user and group accounts. (MST150, MST150++, MST158++)
- Monitor network resources and events. (MST155, MST155++, MST158++)
- Implement and troubleshoot network printers. (MST150, MST150++)
- Secure network resources with share permissions and New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions. (MST150, MST150++)
- Install, configure, and optimize a Windows network operating system. (MST158++)
- Establish trusts between domains. (MST155, MST155++)
- Install and configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Dynamic Name System (DNS) in a Microsoft Windows network infrastructure. (MST155, MST155++)
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows Active Directory services. (MST155, MST155++, MST157, MST157++, MST158++)
- Install and configure Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. (MST244)
- Plan and implement an Active Directory namespace for an enterprise environment. (MST157, MST157++)
- Analyze business requirements and processes to design a security solution for a Microsoft Windows network. (MST259)
Additional information is available at MCCCD's Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.