Microsoft Desktop Support Technology - CCL
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
|In lieu of the courses listed below, students with experience in the information technology field may meet these program prerequisite requirements with the permission of the instructor.|
|BPC/CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations (1) OR|
|CIS121AH||Microsoft PowerShell/Command Line Operations (3)||1-3|
|CIS102||Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills for IT Professionals||1|
|BPC110||Computer Usage and Applications (3) OR|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3)||3|
|+||BPC170||Computer Maintenance I: A+ Essentials Prep||3|
|+||CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Cisco Networking Fundamentals (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|+||MST141||Enterprise Desktop Support Technician||3|
|MST150SV||Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration||3|
- Develop skills for effective responses to a variety of customer interactions. (CIS102)
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to become familiar with end-user applications. (BPC110 or CIS105)
- Install, customize, and troubleshoot problems with various hardware/software configurations. (BPC170)
- Analyze network topologies, IP addressing, and basic network design. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST140)
- Troubleshoot guidelines and tools to support users. (MST141)
- Troubleshoot desktop operating systems. (MST141)
- Implement and configure administrative tools. (MST150SV)
- Install and configure Windows 7 Professional. (MST150SV)
Additional information is available at MCCCD's Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.