Microsoft Desktop Support Technology - CCL
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Microsoft Desktop Support Technology is designed to provide training to work in an entry-level computer maintenance and help-desk position. Students will develop the skills to successfully troubleshoot desktop environments running on the Microsoft Windows operating system. Courses in the program also help to prepare for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 (MCITP) examinations, 70-680 and 70-685.
|In lieu of the courses listed below, students with experience in the information technology field may meet these program prerequisite requirements with the permission of the instructor.|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations (1) OR|
|CIS121AH||Microsoft PowerShell/Command Line Operations (3)|
|CIS102||Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills for IT Professionals||1|
|BPC110||Computer Usage and Applications (3) OR|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3)||3|
|BPC170||Computer Maintenance: A+ Exam Prep Level I||3|
|CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Cisco Networking Fundamentals (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|MST141||Enterprise Desktop Support Technician||3|
|MST150SV||Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration||3|
- Develop skills for effective responses to a variety of customer interactions. (CIS102)
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to become familiar with end-user applications. (BPC110, CIS105)
- Install, customize, and troubleshoot problems with various hardware/software configurations. (BPC170)
- Analyze network topologies, IP addressing, and basic network design. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST140)
- Troubleshoot guidelines and tools to support users. (MST141)
- Troubleshoot desktop operating systems. (MST141)
- Implement and configure administrative tools. (MST150SV)
- Install and configure Windows 7 Professional. (MST150SV)
Additional information is available at MCCCD's Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.