Microsoft Server Administration - CCL
Typical tasks of a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) are implementing, managing, and troubleshooting networks containing messaging services, file and print servers, and firewalls. In addition a MCSA may be responsible for configuring Internet access, to enabling remote access for users, and to managing client computers.
+ indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
++ indicates any module.
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR|
|Permission of Department or Division||0-3|
|CIS121AB||Microsoft Command Line Operations (1) OR|
|+||CIS221AB||Microsoft Power Shell (1)||1|
|+||BPC170||Computer Maintenance I: A+ Essentials Prep||3|
|+||CIS190||Introduction to Local Area Networks (3) OR|
|CNT140AA||Cisco Networking Fundamentals (4) OR|
|MST140||Microsoft Networking Essentials (3)||3-4|
|MST150||Microsoft Windows Professional (3) OR|
|MST150++||Any Microsoft Windows (any module) (3)||3|
|+||MST155||Implementing Windows Network Infrastructure (3) OR|
|+||MST155++||Any Windows Network Infrastructure (any module) (3-4)||3-4|
|+||MST157||Implementing Windows Directory Services (3) OR|
|+||MST157++||Any Active Directory Windows Server Configuration (any module) (3-4)||3-4|
|+||MST158++||Any Windows Server Administration (any module)||4|
- Implement DOS commands and functions. (CIS121AB, CIS221AB)
- Troubleshoot problems with various common hardware and software configurations. (BPC170)
- Identify the hardware and software components of a local area network. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST140)
- Analyze local area network (LAN) topologies and communication standards. (CIS190, CNT140AA, MST140)
- Create and manage user and group accounts. (MST150, MST150++, MST158++)
- Install, configure, and optimize Windows network operating system. (MST150, MST150++, MST158++)
- Secure network resources with share permissions and NT New Technology File System (NTFS) permissions. (MST150, MST150++, MST158++)
- Implement system policies and user profiles. (MST158++)
- Monitor network resources and events. (MST150, MST150++, MST155, MST155++, MST158++)
- Manage shared network resources. (MST155, MST155++, MST158++)
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows Active Directory services. (MST157, MST157++, MST158++)
- Install and configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Dynamic Name System (DNS) in a Microsoft Windows network infrastructure. (MST155, MST155++)
- Manage network security. (MST155, MST155++, MST158++)
- Configure and support remote access. (MST155, MST155++, MST158++)
- Manage a Domain Name Server (DNS). (MST155, MST155++)
Additional information is available at MCCCD's Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation.
All information published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change.
Please refer to the Official MCCCD CCTA website for official programs information.