Overview of Programs
Center for Employee and Organizational Learning Signature Programming Includes:
• Fall and Spring Learning Weeks are held each week of faculty accountability. This conference-like program originated in 1998 and each semester offers over 25 learning sessions connected to our college's strategic goals and priorities. Also during learning weeks, fall and spring employee convocations are held.
• New Employee Orientation
New employee orientation is held for our board approved employees and our new adjunct faculty.
During theses sessions our new employees are introduce to PVCC's vision, mission, and core value of learning.
Further, time is spent engaging our new employees to our learning center college philosophy.
Questions such as:
What is your defintion of learning?
What is your role in a learning center college?
Are considered and responses are shared.
- Each August during Fall Learning Week new board approved orientation is held.
- Each August and January during Fall and Spring Learning Weeks new adjunct faculty orientation is held.
• President's Advance
This college-wide retreat held annually since 1998, provides an opportunity for employees and students to come together and focus on items of importance to our college. Last year's Advance focused on multi-cultural student and employee engagement.
• Leadership Events
Each Fall and Spring our academic leaders are invited to attend a leadership development activity connected to our college values.
• Community Connections
- Fall and Spring Days of Engagement Each semester we encourage our employees to participate in a day of service with our Valley of the Sun United Way Partner.
- Feature Event. Each year we invite a community member to share with our students and employees their view of the world. Last year award winning journalist Aaron Brown was featured.
• Applause Employee Recognition
At the end of the academic year, the Applause program is held to recognize the many professional and educational accomplishments of our employees.