Federal Work Study
Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.
Click here to learn more about FWS: http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/work-study
Job Title: America Reads, America Counts Tutor
How to Apply: Apply in person at the Office of Financial Assistance, KSC, Welcome Center
Job Title: Financial Aid Office Student Assistant
Department: Office of Student Financial Assistance
Pay Rate: $8.15-$9.45 per hour depending on experience
Hours per week P/T up to 20 per week.
Hours Flexible: Yes
Job duties include:
· Provide first contact customer service at front counter in Welcome Center;
· Provide student with general information related to financial assistance;
· Provide students with information regarding the status of their financial aid;
· Respond to student email inquiries;
· Maintain and organize student files;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must have a complete 2014-15 FAFSA on file and have financial need;
· Must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours;
· Must meet satisfactory academic progress (SAP);
· Have experience providing customer service;
· Have basic clerical experience;
· Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Submit your resume to Kathaerine Johnson by email to email@example.com
Job Title: Front desk assistant
Department: Learning Support Center
Phone: (602) 787-7180 Fax: (602) 787-7820
Pay Rate: $9.09 Hours per week* P/T up to 19 per week Hrs. Flexible? No MTWTH 37pm and F 2-5pm
Job Duties/ Qualifications:
Duties: Greets students, staff, faculty, and the public; performs general office duties; clocks students into TutorTrac to track LSC usage; answers phones; checks resources in and out; answers general questions and directs persons to appropriate offices
· Has to have excellent customer service skills
· Needs to be able to work well with persons from varied backgrounds, age groups, and abilities
· Must be reliable
· Requires strong communication skills
· Previous experience working in customer service helpful but not necessary
Person to contact:Alison Livingston, Office Coordinator, Learning Support Center
Instructions on how to apply: Fax LSC application, available online or at the LSC front desk, to (602) 787-7820 or turn in completed LSC application to the LSC front desk.
Job Postings will remain posted until the Financial Aid office is otherwise notified.
Job Title: Office Assistant Student Life Federal (Work Study)
Department: PVCC Student Life
Pay Rate: $ 9.00 Hours per week: P/T up to 19 per week Hrs. Flexible: Yes
Job Duties/ Qualifications :
Job duties include: Provides office support for Student Life programs and services including union programming, leadership training, clubs, campus recreation and wellness.
General office duties include: , filing, answering phones, handling sensitive information, producing documents, mailings, answering phones
Ability to maintain confidential information
Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Written and verbal communication skills
Working knowledge of MS Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
Develops fliers, posters, and other advertising
Person to contact: Mike Ho, Director, Office of Student of Student Life and Leadership
Instructions on how to apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit resume to Office of Student of Student Life and Leadership, Attention: Mike Ho