Fine & Performing Arts Open House
Free event features demos, performances, tours, workshops, and hands-on activities.
Music, dance, theatre, costume design, creative writing, film, and studio recording are among the fine and performing arts programs that will be showcased on Saturday, October 4, 2014, from 1-4 pm at Paradise Valley Community College’s Center for the Performing Arts (CPA). Information about classes, programs, events, scholarships and performance opportunities will be available, and those in attendance will be treated to a variety of special performances and workshops throughout the afternoon.
The day begins with a lively Rock & Roll Battle of the Bands audition and culminates that evening with second concert in PVCC’s free First Saturday concert series. There will be multiple opportunities throughout the afternoon to attend the workshops, tours and demos.
12 pm – Battle of the Bands Round 1 Auditions – CPA Outdoor Amphitheater Stage.
1-4 pm – CPA Mainstage, Costume Department, Computer Lab, Recording Studio, Art Studio
• Stage Combat and Theater "Games" presentations.
• Dance Improvisation workshop and performances of student dance pieces.
• A selection of scenes from PVCC presentation of the comedy Leading Ladies.
• Costume Design workshop.
• Studio Recording, Audio Mixing, DJ techniques and Electronic Music demonstrations.
• Open lab with students working in various art mediums including ceramics, drawing, painting
6 pm – Free Saturday Night Concert featuring the Chuck Hall Band – CPA Outdoor Amphitheater