01 - Announcements
Wednesday, December 10th from 11:30am-1:30pm in KSC1000
This event will be held this year during Faculty Appreciation Day on Wednesday, December 10th. This poster session event will celebrate the creative work performed by PVCC Honors students.
The Annual PVCC Honors Project Showcase will be held this year during Faculty Appreciation Day on Wednesday, December 10th. This poster session event will celebrate the creative work performed by PVCC Honors students. Honors projects may be initiated as part of a course or as independent collaborations with faculty. PVCC encourages all students to consider enhancing their personal and professional development by engaging in scholarly and creative work with faculty and sharing your work with the PVCC community. Honors faculty and staff will select the top projects to be presented at the Western Regional Honors Conference in Reno, Nevada.
- Posters can be single, double, or tri-fold.
- Posters should provide visual as well as written highlights of the research.
- DO include photos, graphs, illustrations, and other visual elements.
- DO provide short, written definitions, explanations, and conclusions to your poster.
- A Works Cited addendum should accompany the poster, because audience members may ask about the research element of your project. Do not attach it to your poster.
- Tables will be supplied for your poster.
- Please dress appropriately (business casual - no shorts, t-shirts, flip flops, etc.)
- Invite your instructors to attend! You can let them know that food will be provided.
- Please arrive at KSC1000 by 11:15am and have your poster ready for display by 11:30am.
- Your display area will be assigned to you.
- You will be excused from class during this time to present. Make arrangements with your instructor before the event.
- Please stand by your poster during the presentation time. You may look at other presentations when the opportunity presents itself.
- Food will be provided for your faculty mentors and all presenters.
- During this time, we encourage you to engage faculty and guests, discuss your poster with participants and answer any questions they may have regarding your project. This is your time to demonstrate your educational achievement.
Posters should be self-contained:
- You may print your poster on a piece of poster board or mount it on a sheet of foam core board.
- Ask Honors for poster supplies you need by November 14th.
If you are interested in entering a scholarly or creative project, you must contact Honors at 602.787.7888 or firstname.lastname@example.org. by November 14th.