Paying For College
Don't let the rising cost of college tuition deter you from achieving your dreams!
At Paradise Valley Community College, you can earn an associate degree for a fraction of the cost of a four-year university. The credits you earn here will transfer seamlessly to Arizona's public universities, where you can continue studying to earn your bachelor's degree and pursue your desired career.
PVCC is playing an increasingly important role in education as the entry point for setting students on the path toward a bachelor's degree. Affordability, plus the effectiveness of transfer degree programs, make it easier for residents to realize their goals for a college education. Students who complete an associate degree at a community college are more likely to earn a bachelor's degree.
PVCC's Office of Student Financial Assistance is available to help students and their families find the money they need for college. Financial aid helps students pay for educational expenses: tuition, fees, books, supplies, and even living expenses. Last year PVCC provided nearly $8 million in financial aid to students.
There are several sources of financial aid available:
- Grants - Financial aid that does not need to be repaid.
- Loans - Borrowed money that must be repaid with interest.
- Work Study - Earn money while working on campus.
- Scholarships - Donated funds that do not need to be repaid.
- Military Aid - Montgomery GI Bill and ROTC are two examples of resources available to military veterans and recruits.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Many employers offer tuition reimbursement programs for employees, and sometimes children of employees, so check with your employer today.
Go to www.pvc.maricopa.edu/finaid/ for information on eligibility and how to apply for financial assistance.