Strategic Plan 2008 -2013
Vision Statement: Paradise Valley Community College (PVCC) aspires to be the higher learning organization of choice by creating engaging lifelong educational relationships that inspire and support all learners to increase their capacity for personal growth and positive social change.
Mission Statement: The Mission of Paradise Valley Community College is to educate the whole person and to serve our students and our communities by providing learning opportunities that are designed to help them achieve their goals.
PVCC provides diverse learning opportunities including:
• University transfer education
• Community education
PVCC provides access to these opportunities in a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment. As a college committed to learning and continuous quality improvement, PVCC annually assesses and publishes reports concerning the effectiveness of our programs and services.
Strategic Directions and Focal Points
The Strategic Plan for 2008-2013 is framed around the six strategic directions of the Maricopa Community College District. Under each District Strategic Direction, PVCC Strategic Focal Points specify areas of importance to Paradise Valley Community College.
Maximize Stakeholder Access to the College's facilities, programs, and services.
Maximize student learning, success, retention, and completion.
- Emphasize students entering their first college year.
- Develop alternate course scheduling and delivery options.
Promote and Support Expansion of Dynamic Learning Environments and Delivery Options
- Support quality teaching and learning.
- Promote assessment to ensure the efficacy of our programs and services.
Support under-prepared student initiatives.
- Emphasize developmental mathematics.
- Promote and expand PVCC's occupational programs.
- Support the selected bond projects to maximize learning spaces.
Enhance Collaboration and Increase Partnerships
- Enhance P-20 partnerships.
- Increase PVCC at Black Mountain programs and services.
- Collaborate with other MCCCD colleges.
Identify and Pursue New and Existing Revenue Sources While Promoting Cost Effectiveness
- Pursue reallocation of College resources.
- Identify new and/or modified practices to reduce costs.
Identify and pursue strategies that support sustainability efforts.
- Emphasize green buildings and operations, recycling and the education of students, faculty and staff on sustainable lifestyles.
- Pursue fundraising for scholarship programs.
- Pursue resource development opportunities related to strategic focal points.
Recruit, Develop, and Retain a Quality Diverse Workforce
- Recruit a professional, diverse workforce.
- Develop the professional capacity of College personnel.
- Retain quality faculty, staff and administrators.
Develop a Strong Identity that Reflects the College's Educational Leadership Role in the Community
- Develop our identity as a high quality education post-secondary institution.
- Develop our identity through targeted program-based marketing.
- Develop our identity as a leader of positive social change.