Student Affairs is integral to the mission and vision of PVCC.
The Student Affairs Division provides a diversity of programs and services focused on assisting PVCC students in successfully fulfilling their dreams and aspirations. Student Affairs fosters the principle that a student’s total educational experience embraces quality instruction shared with valuable opportunities that facilitate intellectual and personal growth, fulfillment, and a sense of community. Our dedicated Student Affairs staff advances our institutional efforts to maintain a safe, positive, respectful and healthy community. The Student Affairs staff encourages students to explore the different aspects of student life while building their own personal and remarkable PVCC experience.
The committed Student Affairs staff serves as collaborative partners in pursuit of institutional goals and objectives. With tremendous pride and dedication, these individuals pursue the institutional vision, mission, and values.
The Division of Student Affairs aspires to be a nationally recognized model, comprising exemplary, collaborative, and student-centered educators, who inspire and empower student as they discover their potential, achieve excellence, and engage in educational, civic, and global endeavors.
The Student Affairs Division cultivates an inclusive and supportive campus environment characterized by respect for human dignity and diversity. Toward these aims, Student Affairs promotes an enriched learning environment, collaborating with faculty and units campus wide, to provide students with opportunities to realize their intellectual, emotional, cultural, social, and occupational potential.
The Student Affairs Division, with students as our focus, is dedicated to:
- Promoting access and success to PVCC for students representing the diverse ethnic, racial, and economic profile of Maricopa County and the State of Arizona
- Delivering high quality services and programs to students that meet their academic, leadership and career goals through collaboration with faculty and other campus departments
- Creating dynamic learning communities that promote intellectual curiosity, exchange, and debate.
- Promoting a work environment where staff is valued and respected.
- Connecting campus and community partners to lead integrative problem solving and program design
- Honoring diversity and fostering mutual respect among students, faculty, and staff by encouraging a culture of understanding, belonging, and civility.